Sunday, January 10, 2010

Family Christmas - monogram card


My mothers sister - Verna Baker always welcomed me into her family and we have been welcomed into their home many times over the years. The Bakers have a tradition of gathering after the new year for a belated family christmas celebration and for the last few years my family has joined them. Family Christmas was yesterday and my husband attended. The family christmas tradition is that each woman draws a name and we give a handmade gift to our chosen name. If you are not crafty or run out of time, you are allowed to buy a hand made gift, but most of us typically try our hand at something. I decided to do a framed photo collage and a set of hand made blank cards for my gift. I drew my cousin Lin and her grandson Andrew is about to turn two, so I had fun making a photo collage of 3 great photos of him. I also decided to do a monogram card design to craft 6 monogram blank cards for her. I figure everyone can use blank cards - especially if they are pretty and classy.

So here is a photo of the package of cards I made. I used chocolate chip and whisper white. The white was embossed using the big shot and then I used a scallop punch on the bottom edge. I also used a chocolate chip dsp (designer series paper) with polka dots on it and the ribbon is chocolate chip taffeta. Inside I pasted a white card stock with a priceless stamp image. For the monogram I used my computer and printed using my digital studio a script L in chocolate chip color. I used a basic round punch and the scallop punch to get the monograms in. My cousin Lin loved it and I hope to make more for others in the future.

Thanks for looking - watch for more posts later this week.

1 comment:

  1. this gift was amazing! surely the craftiest craft this year! my card juices are starting to flow, so i'll be dragging the stuff out later!

    ReplyDelete