Friday, January 29, 2010

Bloggers Challenge - Birthday Card

I was so happy to see the Bloggers challenge today for birthday greetings because it gave me a motivation to use my new Amuse stamp 'birthday girl.' It's actually two stamps.. The cute birthday girl and the saying. I got these at the store that sponsored the copic marker class in Brookline Abiella. I love the fonts and sayings on the Amuse stamps and I thought this girl would be handy for birthday greetings.

So do you notice the shading?? I used three complementary blues to give the illusion that the sun is casting shadows. I am enjoying the techniques and one of the main things I learned in class is to saturate the image with color by going over it again and again with the marker. It's more time but worth it. I also used new paper from papertrey. The white is a very nice heavy card stock with no sheen to it at all. It works great with the markers since it doesn't disintegrate, nor does the color streak. The patterned paper is also from papertrey. It's a cute little set called everyday blessings and I love the green and blue color combination. The mat is stampin up Baja Breeze (retired from last years in colors) and so is the ribbon and buttons. My coworkers birthday is Mid - February. Maybe I''ll use this card for her. It's nice to have a little 'card inventory' so when a birthday or even comes along I actually have a finished card to use so I don't have to stay up at night working on it, or worse yet, but more likely, give a card late! Anyway, hope you are all happy and warm tonight. It's bitter cold here in New England and I'm thankful for my heated house! Also, by the way, I just learned something. Most of you bloggers probably already know this but if you click on the image it opens it up bigger so you can see it in great resolution with more detail. I love learning about little helps like that! I wish I'd known that before!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a super sweet birthday card, thanks so much for playing along! Happy belated BD to your DS! Today's the last day of BTW for my son - he'll get the paperwork next week to get his license. Good thing he's had is permit for almost 10 months now and has plenty of driving under his belt!

    ReplyDelete