Friday, January 8, 2010

Branch out with flower soft


Hello - Happy New Year!

Today's post is a birthday card for my father in law. I used a new accessory called flower soft. It's a very cool (but messy) product. It brings texture and color into the project. I stamped the tree with soft suede on very vanilla. Then I used the leaf stamp and very slightly stamped a few leaves in two colors - celery and artichoke. I didn't want a lot of green because I was going for an early spring budding tree and I wanted it to look real. After the image was there, I put some tacky glue down and then sprinkled my lavender flower soft in. I didn't use a lot of glue because I didn't want a fully flowering tree. After it dried I shook the extra off. For my sentiment I used the punch and then laced some linen thread through to give it a more rugged look. I hope you like this one.

p.s. I am hoping to be more diligent about posting a few times a week. Please add me to your favorites and you'll get an e-mail when I post something new. As always, I love your comments. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment