Monday, September 21, 2009

This is a get well card I made for my father in law. He had a pacemaker put in last week and is recovering from the procedure. He had quite a time in the hospital. He was having a very normal procedure to fix another issue, when they noticed that his heart was stopping. This happened 4 times in 36 hours, so they knew he needed the pacemaker. In a way, it was a blessing that this happened, because otherwise they might not have ever detected his issue. Also, the 2nd night he was in the hospital - his roommate died. I guess the guy in the bed next to him was only 24 years old, but morbidly obese. Talk about waking you up to the reality that none of us live here on earth forever. I pray that the experience will cause him to refocus his priorities and consider his relationship with God. He's a great guy, but not much of a spiritual man. Anyway, on to the card. The card is actually an accident, but I like the effect and will use it again. I originally had the watercolor image larger and matted on the eggplant card stock. I had put 4 brads in the corners but it was too large and too symmetrical. So I cut the image down, but in doing so the cutter only hit the watercolor paper and didn't get to the under layer of card stock. So as I ripped the card stock off - voila - the torn edge you see. It adds a nice masculine look.

Recipe:
Card Stock: Sahara Sand, very vanilla, Eggplant, watercolor paper
Ink: Eggplant
Other: Hodgepodge hardware, eggplant ribbon, wonderful watercolors
Stamps: Thougts of Father, Thoughts and prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment