Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Valentine cards for cookie sunday




My church does a really sweet thing each year. They send a shoebox full of homemade cookies and goodies to all the college students and military serving overseas who are part of the church congregation. Every year I bake a few dozen cookies and lately I've also been including a home made valentine for each person. They have over 60 names. I have my work cut out for me. This is more cards than I make for Christmas!!!

I used stampin up hugs and when I ran out of those I just cut some cards and added a little scallop edge to one side. I have glassine envelopes for them. I think they will be cute. The kids can either re-gift them or enjoy them.

I made a few designs, but everyone in my family loved the oval cut out of 'love you much' the best. I whipped up the love you much bird without much thought and it's already had over 100 hits on split coast stampers. Funny how you can sometimes get your best cards when you run out of materials for the original!!! Which is your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. These are fabulous! I like the bird and the oval best. That oval one has it all - the "je ne sais pas" - it's simple but complete. They're all really cute. I am totally loving that bird!

    ReplyDelete