Monday, February 15, 2010

cards for soldiers


Yesterday I had 3 women over to make hand made cards for soldiers. Cindy and Robin had never made cards before but Karen and I are both long time addicts. I had 4 card designs that I pre-cut. The cards came out really nice and I think the soldiers will like them. combined with the cards I had before I am sending a packet of 25. I work with a group out of NH 'cards for soldiers.' They have a sponsor who supplies free envelopes and they support 3 troops overseas. The cards go over in bulk. They are blank on the inside so the soldiers can use them to send to their family members back home. I think it's a really sweet gesture and I've heard the soldiers really like these when they arrive. If you are interested in participating you can either send cards to me to be included in my shipment up there or go to her website by doing a google search on cards for soldiers and send them directly there. The next deadline is end of March for Mother's Day cards. Maybe I'll have another card making party for those!

No comments:

Post a Comment