Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sympathy Card

Well today I went to the wake of a woman I used to know. It was so sad. I made a very special sympathy card for her daughter Kimberly (16) but forgot to take a picture of it. So instead, I'll attach a picture of Renee. She was such a beautiful woman and I'm so sad that she is gone. I met her at church several years ago. I remember when she first came in. She confessed to me that she was really nervous to be in a church and I assured her that she belonged. She made friends quickly and easily and I remember what a beautiful day it was when she and her daughter were baptized together. Kimberly was probably a young teenager at the time. Renee and I would chat at church and catch up at different women's events. One time, I drove her down to Providence RI to see Beth Moore speak. I remember how moved she was by the message of hope and forgiveness that Beth so elegantly presented. My prayers are with Kimberly now. She seemed so heartbroken at the wake. It must be so hard for her. I know Kimberly has been living with her Dad in Florida since the start of the school year, but I was sad to see that her Dad didn't come with her to MA for the services. Kimberly said her dad couldn't afford for all of them to come so he sent just her and her step mom. Below is an excerpt from her obituary. I will miss her.

Renee' (Rotondo) Silva, 48, of Worcester, died unexpectedly Monday, February 1, 2010. She leaves her daughter, Kimberly Silva of West Palm Beach, FL; two brothers: John Rotondo of Summerville and Jimmy Shaprio Jr. of Florida; three sisters: Mary Rotondo of Dedham, Audrey Rotondo of Dedham and Melina Shaprio of Milford; her companion, Rick Lapierre of Worcester; many nieces, nephews and countless friends. She also leaves her dog, Maggie. Her mother, Ethel (Rotondo) Lavey predeceased her. Renee' enlisted in the United States Army to serve her country during the 1982 Lebanon War.

Renee' was born on August 16, 1961 in Boston and graduated from Dedham High School. She attended Stonehill College, and received her certification in Holistic and Therapeutic Massage from the Spatech Institute. Renee' owned and operated Vivere Massage in Northborough. Renee' enjoyed going out on the boat, being outdoors and watching movies. Renee' was very involved in her church, and was proud to love her God. She helped others with fundraisers and had a heart of gold, always putting others before herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment