Friday, February 12, 2010

Memory Box - Birds in Tree's

Good morning everyone. The sun is shining, it's cold and I'm exhausted. I had a dog with a tummy ache last night and nobody slept. The sick dog had to sleep in the crate in my room and the healthy dog wanted to sleep on the bed. What a bed hog he was. Woke up to the sound of panting sick dog and luckily was able to get him outside in time. Poor baby. He is miserable. My neighbor and I wondered if that was an acceptable reason to not go to work and we both agreed, it wasn't. But anyway, on to my fun card. Last Saturday I went to a great stampin store in Acton MA - Ink about it. I got this fun new stamp from memory box and had fun playing with it this week. I attached a list of supplies I used. I see other bloggers do that and I find it helpful. So this card was done with Momento ink and copic markers. The momento ink works great with the markers and I got this cute little 'spot' for about $2.50. It's a nice way to get other colors (besides black) without a huge investment. I did the color scheme in green and brown (old olive and close to cocoa.) You can't really see it in the picture but on the owls face, I added some glue so the faces are shiny with a raised surface. The sentiment is one I found at another stamping store and it simply says 'blessings to you' making this a very versatile card. I can add a thank you sentiment, birthday - whatever - when it's time to mail it out. The trees have quite a bit of shading with all the different greens. It's time consuming but enjoyable. The technique is to start with the lightest color first and then add the darkest color and blend, blend, blend. I probably went over this image 3-4 times to get the color saturated and even.
Thanks for looking and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. hope your pup is soon better. there is nothing worse, at least your kids can tell you what they ate and when the explosion is imminent.
    i'm interested in learning more about the shading technique and the copic markers.

    ReplyDelete