Sunday, November 1, 2009

Playing with some Christmas Card Designs


This weekend I started playing around with some Christmas card designs. My plan is to come up with 3 original designs and make about 10 cards from each. One design is going to be whimsical and fun - maybe even youthful. Another design will probably be using a nature theme - simple and elegant and the most important design will be one celebrating Christ's birth - the real meaning behind Christmas.

So tonight I have a sample of the faith card. I was playing with a borrowed stamp set Holy Triptych. The image is stamped on vellum and then colored in on the reverse side. Then the vellum got mounted on white and then Soft Suede. Then that is mounted on a shimmery white and the message is from an old retired set 'city of david' but I like how it matched the mood of the card.

The red is (of course) real red and the DSP is from the Christmas Cocoa DSP from the mini-catalog. I'll probably continue to tweak it. I'll post other attempts to refine it on the site.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment