Sunday, November 15, 2009

Christmas Dove


I have been playing with some blue themed christmas cards this weekend. I happened upon a card I made at a stampin up meet up last year that I loved. It used the home scene of the 'to you and yours' stamp and had a great layering technique that took DSP and put 1/2 the layer in DSP and the other 1/2 something neutral. I decided to try that with the dove image and my Christmas Cocoa DSP. Here is what I came up with. I had fun spritzing some shimmer paint/alcohol solution on the dove after embossing him with some irredescent ice. The photo probably doesn't do it justice because these subtle glimmer techniques are best seen in person.

Now my dilemna is that I have made about 5 cards and am out of bordering blue. I may sneak in a small order to get some more because I love this card. I also need some stampin dimensionals and the stuff they sell at the discount craft stores just isn't as nice. But then the dilemna is 'well since I'm placing an order, how about some of that wide ribbon in old olive? and if I'm getting bordering blue paper - why not getting a bordering blue stamp pad (and not use up all the ink in my little spot.) I'm sure anyone reading this blog will understand the way these 3.00-5.00 items just creep up on you! the next thing you know you have a $45.00 order and you just needed some bordering blue card stock! I have such a hard time staying on budget for stamping supplies - well anything for that matter - but especially stamping supplies. Maybe I'll move on to another design that uses red and green. I have plenty of those colors!!!

so, the recipe for this card is:
Stamp sets: To you and yours, teeny tiny wishes
Accessories: Jumbo eyelet (silver), Frosty White Shimmer paint, irredescent ice emboss powder
Ink: Versamark (pen), Bordering blue
Paper: Christmas Cocoa DSP, Kraft, Bordering Blue, Carson Manga Paper
Ribbon: Kraft, wide organza white, narrow organza blue

1 comment:

  1. What an incredibly beautiful card. Your shimmery dove is magnificent. It almost appears as if the wind is swirling him across the card. I popped over to your blog via SCS. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete