Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Two birthday cards

Here are two birthday cards I made today. The one with the colored cupcakes that is angled is the card I made for my 8 year old niece. She is a cutie pie, but quite precocious. My sister tells me she reads at a 4th grade level, but that is sometimes hard since she's only 8. For her birthday I got her the 'little house on the prairie' book series. It is designed for 9-12 year old readers but I know the content won't be too old for her - well compared to some other 4th grade books she could be reading. I hope she hasn't already read them!!! Anyway, I had made two of the cupcake images so I decided to make the other one for a more adult person. I kind of like the adult one - the red and brown make a great color combination. I used the shimmer paint for the cupcakes and then used the glue to make the cherries pop with a glossy raised finish.
The recipe is:
Card Stock Chocolate chip, whisper white, pretty in pink, read red, real red DSP.
Ink: chocolate chip, real red
Accessories: White embossing powder (for hope your day is sweetest ever.) and the glue for the cherries.

No comments:

Post a Comment