Friday, October 23, 2009

Medallion - Here comes the bride


A woman I know is getting remarried on Saturday. She and I used to be close, but now our lives have gone in different directions. She is a sweetheart and I am so happy she is remarrying. I think her fiance is a great guy and they are sweet together.

So, I made this card for her and dropped it in the mail Wednesday.

I am really big lately on the very vanilla wedding cards. A few weeks ago I played with the clear embossing on very vanilla for a co-workers wedding card - but that was before I got my Medallion stamp. I knew I wanted to do the clear embossing with Medallion for a wedding card and this is my first attempt. The circle in the middle caused me some fuss. I kept finding it too 'symetrical' with the pearls around it, but finally like it with the scallop punch in the middle. This card has more of a whimsical feel (the here comes the bride stamp set brings that tone) but I may play some more with the together forever stamp set to see if I can come up with a more classic/traditional look using the same techniques.

So, here it is.....
Recipe:
Card Stock: Very Vanilla; Generic Beige Textured card stock
Stamps: Together forever; here comes the bride; medallion
Ink: Versamark
Technique: Clear Embossing
Accessories: Ivory Ribbon - barely noticeable on the sides; pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment